A very comfortable, cosy, well equipped detached stone cottage with large, secure, wild life friendly cottage garden to front and rear. Unrestricted parking to the side of the cottage. Traditionally furnished within keeping with the cottages age and character.
Pen y Banc Self Catering Holiday Cottage is detached with enclosed private gardens to front and rear. It is lovely, cosy, comfortable, homely and relaxing. It retains many original features, stone walls, log burners,but has modern facilities with double-glazing and central heating, Bath and shower with constant hot water..
The Cottage is in the small Small Hamlet of Sarnau, just off the A494 the main road to Bala. accessable no matter what the weather conditions are.
Sarnau lies on the central edge of Snowdonia National Park to the north and east and to the Berwyn Mountains to the south and east on one side of the River Dee Valley, On the other side of the Valley and to the east lie the Llantysillio Hill Range and the Clwydian Hill Range and the Vale of Clwyd, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This area is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful parts of Wales and infact the UK. The River Dee travels through the Valley toward Llangollen with it's Heritage Steam Railway, Canal, Hill Fort and International Music Festival,
The Llangollen heritage railway now extends to Corwen. As the River Dee travels through Llangollen, it passes under the Pontcyysylite Aqueduct, a World Heritage site. To the north east of Sarnau, lies the wild land of 'Hirithrog', where Brenig and Alwyn reservoirs lie. There are family friendly Bike trails, Visitors Centre, Cafe and Bike Hire and Fishing with boat hire, sailing and exploring the moorland and forests of Denbigh Moor.
Pen Y Banc like it's sister Cottage of Cross Keys only 2.5 miles away over the Valley are wonderful bases from which to explore, this part of North Wales and Mid Wales, Snowdonia National Park, Coastland, Lakes, Hills and Mountains. There are endless activities suiting all ages and and groups and those seeking different thrills. The latest Adrenaline thumping activity is Zip World in the old Penrhyn Quarry Bethesda.In the north of Snowdonia National Park. at the moment is the longest Zip Wire in Europe. For the less brave is the little Zip. New Addittions are Bounce Below a world first and in a disused slate cavern You must ring before though, It is very dependent on Wind and Weather and massive demand.
- This lovely Country Cottage Holiday Cottage has:
- Fitted kitchen with full size Electric Oven, Gas Hob, Washing Machine, Fridge with Ice Box, Microwave. Very well equipped throughout.
- Dining room, Multi fuel Stove, Rocking Chair, Table can seat 6 if you have guests.
- Living room, Gas Cast Iron Stove,TV Free Sat, DVD, Video machine, Music Centre. l
- Two large bedrooms a king and two 3ft single beds. The king bed has a Tempur matress.
- A Cot and High Chair can be provided at no additional cost to you.
- The bathroom has a Electric Shower over the bath and a shaver point. Constant hot water from a new Combi Boiler.
- Central Heating plus Multi Fuel Stove in Dining Room, Gas Stove in Living Room
- Logs, kindling and coal are provided In both cottages.
- Traditionally furnished to suit age of cottage. about 200 years old. Spotlessly clean, I do it myself.
- Quality bed linen and towels provided for all guests.
- Stacks of Books, Games and Videos for all ages,Maps and Torches.
- Picnic Set and Flasks
- Kitchen and Bathroom Disposable items Provided eg. , Kitchen Towel, foil, cling film, food bags, Washing Powder and Washing up liquid, condiments, matches, 2 Toilet Rolls, soap, air freshener..
- Tea, Coffee, Milk and basic condiments always provided. In fact the cottage is very well equipped just like a home.
- Outside back door is a covered breakfast/sitting area. Grape vine prodiced a good crop in 2016.
- For more information and pictures look at my web site please.
- There are no additional or hidden costs and no booking fees or service charges.
- Walks directly to the hills from the front door.
- Parking to the side of the cottage.
- Bike Storage, Motorbikes can also be bought under cover if required.
- Pet dogs must obey the same rules as my own four, not on the furniture and not upstairs and please clean up after them. Bags provided.
If you are in the area I am happy to show you around. Give me a call on my home number. They are open all year and Short Breaks are available. The price for the cottage is fully inclusive and there are no hidden costs.
Send message to Pen Y Banc Cottage 4* Prices from £385 - £675 fully inclusive. Dog friendly