The Cross Keys Self-Catering Holiday Cottage is full of charm and character as you would expect in an ancient building. Semi-detached in the oldest part of the Village and within walking distance of the River Dee, internationally famous for its fly fishing and is also walking distance from the popular Best Dog friendly Pub in Wales 17/18, Real Ale
The Cross Keys Self-Catering Holiday Cottage is cosy, comfortable, quirky and full of charm and character as you would expect in an ancient building. Semi-detached in the oldest part of the Village and within walking distance of the River Dee, internationally famous for it's fly fishing and is also walking distance from the Brynterion the popular Local Dog Friendly Pub. The Cross Keys is also on a bus route, linking the towns of Llangollen, Wrexham and Chester or to the west, the Seaside towns of Barmouth, Fairbourne, Harlech, Porthmadog, Portmeirion and Criccieth.
Cross Keys and the village of Llandderfel lie on the central edge of Snowdonia National Park to the north and west and to the Berwyn Mountains to the south and east on one side of the River Dee Valley. On the other side of the Valley and to the east, lie the Llantysillio Hill Range and the Clwydian Hill Range, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This area is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful parts of North Wales and in fact the UK. The River travels through the valley toward Llangollen, with its Heritage Steam Railway now extended to Corwen. The Canal, Hill Fort and International Music Festival. As the Dee travels further to the sea, it passes under the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal, a World Heritage Site. To the North East lies the wild land of 'Hirithrog' where Brenig and Alwyn reservoirs lie.There are family friendly bike trails, visitor centre and bike hire. Fishing and exploring the forests and area of Denbigh Moor. Bike Hire also available in Bala..
The Cross Keys is a wonderful base from which to explore this part of North Wales the Snowdonia National Park, with endless outdoor activities to do, all listed on the Visit Bala Site. New to Snowdonia National Park in the Penrhyn Slate Quarry, Zip World for guests who thrive on adrenaline thumping activities the Zip Wire is the longest in Europe at this moment.
This Charming Semi Detached Cottage is situated in the conservation area of the village and is traditional furnished, warm and homely. Larger than it looks, it has a cellar with a freezer and solid fuel and log storage. All the front windows were fitted with secondary glazing.
- On the ground floor, a very well equipped Kitchen / Dining room, Hand built units, slate worktops, Small cooker, Washing Machine/Drier, Microwave Oven/Grill. Gas Hob, Multifuel Stove, and economy 7 heater. Dining room Table for six, high chair if needed.
- The living room has a large multifuel stove and Dimplex wall heater. It is very cosy, warm and comfortable with furnishings in keeping with the age of the cottage. Lots of books, games, Maps, TV/DVD player Free Sat. Some childrens toys in the toy basket.
- On the first floor a comfortable double bedroom with it's own walk in closet,
- Shower room with Bidet and toilet, electric Shaver/tooth brush point, Heated Towel Rail.
- A comfortable spacious single or Double bedroom.
- On the second floor a Family Room. King size bedroom and through into a second bedroom. This could be a day room, dressing room, play room or double twin bedroom or nursery.
- It has great flexibility. All bedrooms are very comfortable and spacious.
- Quality bed linen and towels provided for each guest..
- All disposable kitchen items including Kitchen Towel, Washing up Liquid, Washing Powder, soap, foil, cling film, matches etc.
- Tea, coffee, milk and sugar. basic condiments always provided..
- Logs, kindling, and coal supplied. Fires made up and when necessary lit for your arrival.
- Dimplex thermostatically controlled heaters in every room
- More informatio, access statement and pictures are on my web site.
- Spotlessly clean, I do it myself.
- Ample on road parking in square or by Church, sometimes by the side of the cottage but there are no restrictions. (This is a ancient Village not built for cars)
- The Telephone box next to the cottage works and is listed.
- WiFI that has receommended parental security restrictions.
Dogs must follow the same rules as my own four i.e, not on the furniture and not upstairs
There are lots of walks directly from the front door. A stream runs through the Village Square which is really called ''Trafalgar Square"', just a few yards away. Please feel free to contact me if you are in the area and I am available, I will happily show you around the cottage.
The prices for each self catering holiday cottage are fully inclusive with no hidden extra charges,service charges or booking fees. They are open throughout the year and short breaks are available.
Send message to The Cross Keys Cottage 4* From £465 - £705 pw fully inclusive. Short Breaks £100 - £120 pn